Gallatin College’s Culinary Arts teaches students relevant coursework and offers experiential education in the Culinary Arts profession. This program prepares students for a variety of careers spanning from small restaurants to large food service facilities. Gallatin College’s Culinary Arts Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree is a 65-credit offering. The coursework is a traditional culinary arts coursework alongside unique offerings that are well aligned with Montana’s food culture and strong tourism industry. This degree will lead to a variety of culinary and food service positions in our local food services industry.
Graduates are prepared to:
- Develop a passion for cooking, serving others, and genuine hospitality.
- Demonstrate the skills needed as a cook, Chef de Partie, Sous Chef, Executive Chef, or Pastry Chef.
- Take an entrepreneurial path to owning an independent restaurant, bake shop, food truck, or catering business.
- Join the American Culinary Federation as a Certified Culinarian.
- Transfer into Montana State University’s Hospitality Management Bachelor’s degree program.
- Work within the food service industry anywhere in the world in restaurants, hotels, lodges, breweries, food trucks, country clubs, cruise ships, institutions, assisted living facilities, catering companies, or in food manufacturing.
|CULA 102 - Introduction to Culinary Arts||3|
|CULA 105 - Food Safety Sanitation||1|
|M 108 - Business Mathematics||3|
|COMX 222 - Professional Communication||3|
|WRIT 101W - College Writing I||3|
|CULA 103 - Professional Chef I||4|
|CULA 161 - Meats and Vegetables||3|
|CULA 220 - Purchasing and Cost Control||2|
|CULA 157 - Pantry and Garde Manager||3|
|CULA 265 - Dairy Foods and Culturing||2|
|CULA 298 - Internship||3|
|Add One or More of the Following:||3|
SFBS 296 - Practicum: Towne's Harvest (Su)
HTR 220 - Sustainability in the Hospitality Industry (Sp)
|CULA 104 - Professional Chef II||4|
|CULA 247 - Bar and Beverage Management||3|
|CULA 255 - Montana Meats and Charcuterie||3|
|CULA 123 - American Regional Cuisine||3|
|NUTR 221CS - Basic Human Nutrition||3|
|CULA 165 - Baking and Pastry||4|
|CULA 131 - World Cuisine||3|
|CULA 250 - Hospitality Supervision and Customer Service||3|
|CULA 280 -||3|
|Total Program Credits:||62|